Friday, October 30, 2009

CIC Grad Kelly Franz Featured in Post & Courier

Going down memory lane with Magnolias Uptown Down South Chef
By Angel Powell, Special to The Post and Courier
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Kelly Franz is the chef de cuisine at Magnolias Uptown Down South, where she has worked for six years.
Franz has done charity work for Meals on Wheels, Darkness to Light, and is proud that she has cooked for two Guerrilla Cuisine dinners.

Q: What made you decide to become a chef?
A: I was 17, working as a server at a restaurant in Columbia, and my favorite part of the job was chopping parsley! I asked the GM if I could move into the kitchen, and I became so passionate about learning more that I decided to move to Charleston and go to culinary school. Chef Bill Stacks got me the job at Magnolias while I was still in school, and the chefs there have taught me discipline and leadership without stifling creativity, which makes me want to keep learning.
For the rest of the story, go to: http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2009/oct/29/kelly-franz/ Photo by James Connelly.

No comments: