Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Congrats to CIC Scholarship Luncheon Speaker Talisa Pinckney

Congratulations to Hospitality and Tourism student Talisa Pinckney, recipient of the Charleston Bed and Breakfast Association Scholarship, for her selection as a panelist at the 2014 Scholarship Luncheon honoring scholarship donors and recipients.

“I was raised by a single parent. I am currently a single parent of three and take care of my mother, as well,” said Talisa. “I decided one day that I was so tired of working in jobs that did not interest me or make me happy, and I wanted to improve my family life and show my children that through any adversity that education is the key to improving life circumstances. I will be the first member of my family to graduate from college. In my family, that is a milestone and a very special moment.” 

No comments: