Friday, June 19, 2009

CIC Kids' Cooking Classes Going like Hot Cakes










June 19, The Post & Courier. "KIDS COOK UP A BATCH OF FUN"
"With Father's Day just around the corner, mothers around the Lowcountry are trying to find time in their busy schedules to prepare celebration dinners and cakes.
"Usually small hands are more a hindrance than a help, but children can be a huge help in the kitchen if they have the necessary skills. Trident Technical College's Culinary Institute of Charleston is offering cooking classes for children throughout the summer to teach everything from how to decorate a cake to how to make candy.
"'I think I've found my calling," said 11-year-old Hannah Luckie during the Down Home Southern Cooking class Thursday.
"There isn't a bored or pouting face in the bunch.
""I really like cooking, but I don't have enough time. I have things to do, other camps to go to," Gabrielle Strother said. Strother got a break from her busy 10-year-old's schedule to learn how to make traditional Southern favorites, such as pulled pork and coleslaw."

No comments: